Resources in Missouri
- Missouri Opioid Epidemic – Opioid & Health Indicators Database
Provides local to national statistics using reliable data sources on opioid use and overdose death rates, and the availability of services like drug treatment programs. Users can examine data at the state or the county levels to see the differential impact of the opioid epidemic by state or within states.
- Missouri Coalition For Community Behavioral Healthcare
This link has numerous opioid crisis management training webinars.
Opioid Data & Toolkits
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network (ATTC)
This specific page of the ATTC Network site offers Educational Packages, Training Curricula, Online Courses, Recorded Webinars, Toolkits and Other Resources.
- The Economic Cost of the Opioid Crisis
At the closing of 2017, new research and mortality data shed additional light on the growing severity of the opioid epidemic in the U.S. The White House Council of Economic Advisors published a report investigating the economic burden attributable to opioid overdose deaths, and individuals with opioid use disorder.
- Drug Overdose Deaths in the United States
NORC at the University of Chicago and the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development have created this tool to allow users to map overdose hotspots and overlay them with data that provide additional context to opioid addiction and death – including the strength and diversity of local economies, ethnicity, educational attainment, and disability status of residents.
- Office of Inspector General Data Analysis Toolkit
This toolkit provides detailed steps for using prescription drug claims data to analyze patients’ opioid levels and identify certain patients who are at risk of opioid misuse or overdose. It is based on the methodology that OIG has developed in their extensive work on opioids.
- Rural Health Networks and Coalitions Toolkit
The purpose of this toolkit is to provide resources, strategies and examples to communities who are considering developing a new or expanding an existing health network or coalition.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Roadmap Fighting the Opioid Crisis
Roadmap containing current opioid crisis statistics as well as key areas of CMS’ focus on prevention, treatment, and the use of data analytics.
Links to Other Websites
- National Academy of Medicine – Buprenorphine Policy
An article on how dismantling buprenorphine policy can provide more comprehensive addiction treatment.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Opioid Overdose
General information on opioid basics, data, overdose prevention, resources for patients and providers, and state information.
- Opioid and Prescription Drug Prevention Education
Here you will find lessons and links to classroom activities for educating students about opioid and prescription drug misuse prevention.
- U.S Department of Health and Human Services
Education on prevention, treatment, and recovery to combat the opioid crises. This site offers help, resources, information, and crisis statistics.
- Health Resources & Services Administration
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) shows support with resources, technical assistance, and training to integrate behavioral health care services into practice settings and communities.
- Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Spotlight on Opioids
The Spotlight on Opioids assembles opioid-related information from the Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health into one document to better inform the general public, especially family and friends of people with an elevated risk of opioid overdose, opioid misuse, and/or opioid use disorder.
- Office of Inspector Generals Approach to Addressing the Opioid Epidemic
This site contains information on the OIG’s efforts to address the epidemic, identify opportunities to improve programs, identify and hold accountable those engaged in fraud, and general education.
- National Academy of Medicine – Confronting the Opioid Epidemic
Updates on news, current initiatives, events, publications, and videos from the National Academy of Medicine in regards to the opioid crisis.
- USDA Rural Resource Guide
List of Federal Resources for Rural Communities to Help Address Substance Use Disorder and Opioid Misuse.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health – Workplace Solutions
Medication-assisted treatment for Opioid Use Disorder. This document provides information for employers wishing to assist or support workers with opioid use disorder.
Missouri Rural Community Opioid Response Program Planning & Implementation Grantees 2018-2020
Most up to date RCORP map
Vulnerable Counties and Jurisdictions Experiencing or At-Risk of Outbreaks
Includes Top 220 Vulnerable Counties in 26 States and Jurisdictions determined to be experiencing or at-risk of outbreaks